Wavepad is a feature packed music editing application that has a standard interface with simple and easy to understand functions. Wavepad allows you to create and edit music and other audio files in lots of different ways.
The application allows you to duplicate sections of recordings and add echo, amplification, noise reduction and other effects to your music.
Audio Editor Features
- Sound editing tools include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim, compression, pitch shifting and more
- Audio effects include amplify, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse and many more
- DirectX and Virtual Studio Technology DLL (VST) plugin support gives producers access to thousands of additional tools and effects
- Supports almost all audio and music file formats including mp3, wav, vox, gsm, wma, au, aif, flac, real audio, ogg, aac, m4a, mid, amr, and many more
- Batch processing allows you to apply effects and/or convert thousands of files as a single function
- Scrub, search and bookmark audio for precise editing
- Create bookmarks and regions to easily find, recall and assemble segments of long audio files
- Advanced tools include spectral analysis (FFT), speech synthesis (text-to-speech), and voice changer
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal
- Supports sample rates from 6 to 192kHz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits
- Edit the audio from your video files
- Works directly with MixPad Multi-Track Audio Mixer
- Easy to use interface will have you utilizing non-destructive audio editing in minutes
Wavepad lets you work with WAV or MP3 files, but also has support for other file formats including vox, gsm, wma, real audio, au, aif, flac, and ogg.
Wavepad allows you to accomplish all sort of audio editing techniques, such as trimming sound bites, reducing vocals from a music track, create ringtones from your favourite music, and recording voice overs for projects.
Overall, Wavepad is a clean and lightweight app that has lots of features and an easy to use interface that supports most formats. The downside is that some features are only available in the pro version.
- Works on Windows 7, XP, Vista, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- Android version runs on 2.3.3 or higher